The Federation for European Education in Gemmology (FEEG) was set-up in 1995 by several gemmology institutions to create a pan-European gemmology qualification that would be recognised by all bodies and institutions across Europe.
The FEEG Diploma is built from the collective knowledge of Europe’s top gemmological training centres. It challenges trained gemmologists’ theoretical and practical knowledge of over 100 stones, from everyday gems to lesser known minerals. Those that pass both the theoretical and practical exams can use the post-nominal letters, EG.
As a founding member of the FEEG Diploma, graduates of Gem-A’s Gemmology Diploma are eligible to apply for the exam.
Why take the FEEG exam?
- Revisit, refresh and re-test knowledge learned on your Gemmology Diploma or Baccalaureate course.
- Learn about a diverse selection of stones and minerals through self-study, from the commercial to the rare.
- Enhance your career prospects throughout Europe with this European-wide gemmology examination.
- Become part of the European community of gemmologists
To help you prepare for FEEG, Gem-A have created a three-day workshop, being taught at Gem-A HQ London. This workshop will cover:
- The FEEG syllabus
- FEEG exam requirements
- Practical work with the type of stones that may appear in the exam
To prepare for the workshop please make sure that you are familiar with the Gem-A syllabus.
Next three-day workshop: 26-28 June 2019
Cost: Members £500/Non-Members £650
Contact email@example.com to apply
One-day refresher course will help to familiarise you with the stones that may appear in the exam.
Next revision day:
1 July 2019
7 October 2019
The exam consists of one theoretical and practical paper:
2 July 2019
8 October 2019
For more information download the dates and fee’s
EG (European Gemmologist)
What students say
The FEEG exam was a great way to refresh and revitalise my gemmological knowledge with an exciting new challenge. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to further their international credentials.
Lizzie Gleave FGA DGA EG