Gem-A Online Distance Learning (ODL) allows you to study Gem-A Gemmology and Diamond qualifications from home and in your own time, no matter where you are in the world.
As a new student you will be assigned a start date, class group and online tutor to guide you through your studies. You will be expected to do self-study to complete four online modules, plus assessments and quizzes to test your learning as you progress through the course.
The recommended self-study hours per week: GF - 6 to 8 hours. GD - 10 to 12 hours. DD - 8 to 10 hours.
Hours of Study
The recommended self-study hours per week:
GF - 6 to 8 hours. GD - 10 to 12 hours. DD - 8 to 10 hours.
To successfully complete your online studies, you will be required to attend an in-person Practical Lab Class and take your final exam in-person.
This lab class takes place over 3 days for Foundation students and 5 days for Diploma students. The cost of this practical element may be included in your overall study fees, or may be charged separately.
Online students can book this in-person practical learning and assessment by contacting a Gem-A Approved Practical Provider (GAPP). These are places of study approved by Gem-A to teach and host the practical elements of our courses.
Some Gem-A Accredited Teaching Centres also serve as Approved Practical Providers for online students. Contact your nearest ATC to find out more.
Our upcoming online Gemmology and Diamond courses are listed below.
- Course Title
- F21OSEP-J Gemmology Foundation ODL 9-month JAPANESE (without lab class)
- F22OJAN Gemmology Foundation ODL 6-month course (without lab class)
- F22OJAN-P Gemmology Foundation ODL 6-month course (with UK/US lab class)
- F22OAPR Gemmology Foundation ODL 9-month course (without lab class)
- F22OAPR-P Gemmology Foundation ODL 9-month course (with UK/US lab class)
- D22OAPR Gemmology Diploma ODL 9-month course (without lab class)
- D22OAPR-P Gemmology Diploma ODL 9-month course (with UK/US lab class)
- Course Title
- G22OAPR-P Diamond Diploma ODL 9-month course (with UK lab class)
- Course Dates
- 11 Apr 2022 - Jan 2023
Look closely to see whether the practical elements of your course are included or not included in the fees. For further information, contact email@example.com.
Choose the dates that suit you from the list below and start your gemmology or diamond journey today.
Don’t forget, the course you choose will have set start and end dates and 80% participation in online activities is required.
Study Time - 4,6 or 9 months Qualification - Gem-A Level 4 in Gemmology Study Time - 4-9 months Qualification - Gem-A Level 6 Diploma in Gemmology
Study Time - 4,6 or 9 months
Qualification - Gem-A Level 4 in Gemmology
Study Time - 4-9 months
Qualification - Gem-A Level 6 Diploma in Gemmology